NOT AGAIN

Monday, January 24, 2011

REENGAGEMENT

Howdy all,
My oh My. the past year has kinda been a bumber. I have been reading the book by Janet Hagberg entitled, "The Critical Journey" which discusses the stages of discipleship in a descriptive was as opposed to a prescriptive on and has enlivened me to a great many things about my faith and journey. The book describes an experience of "the wall" where we enter into a time of doubt, questioning previously adhered to presuppositions, etc. This is fine for others on their journey, but not the pastor!!!! We are to have all of those things figured out and are here to lead others through this "wall" experience.
Without a doubt, I have been in a battle with this Wall experience for perhaps as many as 4 years. I have tried to deny it, avoid it, go around it, over it, ANYTHING BUT THROUGH IT!!
It is only recently that I have had some moments of Epiphany, (not intentionally connected with the church calendar)
Interestingly, in "The Critical Journey" part of the description of the "wall" experience is the journey inward and a tendency to isolate. That is definitely descriptive of my journey which explains why I have not been active in blogging. I would not blog with a fox, I would not blog in a box, I would not blog here or there, i would not blog anywhere. I even at one time convinced myself, "why should i blog here, I don't even like you guys". Sorry, but part of pushing through is becoming more honest on the other side.  
So there you have it. I would enjoy reengaging here with you. Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment